Thursday, July 06, 2006

LAND FOR SALE, new neighbours, 60 CHIX, history book MHHS, LAPBAND SURGERY

Rudy and I have decided that now is the time to sell one of our lots. We will put one up for sale and see how it goes. We were going to try selling it by ourselves but, in the end, decided to let our lawyer's wife, Ellen, give it a try.

NEW NEIGHBOURS

We have new neighbours as of the beginning of July. The first few days there seemed to be people all over. Lots of young people sitting around drinking beer, etc. I really had my doubts about having quiet neighbours. But since then it has been quiet--in fact all I see is a little brown and white dog. I'm finding that the older I get the more intolerant I am regarding noise around me. This is a rental house and a lady and her son had rented it for about 12 years. They were quiet and friendly. It was sad to see them go. Our neighbourhood is indeed changing. There has been 6 houses sell recently within a few houses from us. Things are changing.

60 CHIX

We will be celebrating our 45 anniversary from graduating from Brooks Composite High School on July 21-23. We have a reunion every five years. It will be held in Brooks at the Cassils Community Hall. There will be three of our former teachers there. They are always great to sit and visit with. One teacher, Mr. Baergan, will come riding up on his big motorcycle complete with leather outfit and black helmut. We were the first students he ever taught. We will have a silent auction. I am just about finished sewing a fleece quilt. Must get working on it.

HISTORY BOOK OF MEDICINE HAT HIGH SCHOOL 1956-1971

I taught at MHHS from September 1969 to June 1999 (30 years). Before that I taught in Brooks for 3 years. MHHS is having a reunion the first week-end of August. A former colleague and myself have written a book about MHHS's history for the years 1956-1971. We have it finished and it is at the printers. It took many hours of work getting the historical information, pictures that were appropriate for those years, and getting everything in the correct order.

I saw a draft of the book a few days ago and was really proud of what we had done. Then I phoned the lady who is head of the reunion committee and told her what we had done and she was absolutely delighted and surprised. We now know how many books to get printed. We kept this a secret from the reunion committee until we knew it would be completed and ready for the reunion.

LAPBAND SURGERY

I have received a letter from the doctor who will be doing my surgery and everything is set. I just have to decide on the exact date. It will definitely be this month. Will tell you when I am sure of the date. Exciting times coming up.

No comments: