Monday, July 09, 2007

TIP OF THE DAY

This is a very timely tip as we are facing an onslaught of flying creatures such as: mosquitoes, wasps, sand flies, black flies, etc. that want to attack us.

If one of these creatures happens to bite you, what you need to know is how to stop the pain and the itching.

You need to have some pennies on hand. Take a penny--American pennies work as well as Canadian pennies. Place the penny over the bite and secure the penny in place with scotch tape, a couple of band-aids or whatever you have on hand to hold the penny firmly over the bite.

You must leave the penny on for at least 20 minutes. I usually leave mine on longer as I forget to take them off until the next day.

Example: I was bit, on the back of my arm, by a wasp a few weeks ago. I applied a penny over the bite using scotch tape. It took the pain and itch away. I still had a red mark where the bite was but the pain was gone. I did sleep with the penny on that night.

No comments: