Saturday, July 14, 2007

COLOUR (COLOR) THERAPY

For over 25 years I have used colour in my life and my families for health reasons.

Colour therapy is a powerful energy healing modality for everyone who seeks a sense of well being. We all use colour in some way and don't even know we are using it. eg. you put on something red and you feel excited and energetic--you wear blue and feel in control.

Throughout history, harnessing the nutritional aspects of colour provides emotional, physical, anti-aging and spiritual benefits. To have a healthy body, we need healthy cells. To have healthy cells, we need to increase their energy level by nourishing them with the properties carried in colour light.

I want to give some examples of how colour has worked for me.

When Jillian, my youngest daughter, was about five she developed hives. They kept travelling over her body and never went away. Around two in the morning (no one was sleeping) I took out my book on colour and quickly found the colour(s) I needed to get rid of hives. We got the lamp out, put the colour gels on the lamp and aimed them at Jillian's body. Within half an hour the hives had stopped moving around on her body and in an hour the hives had completely gone away. Jillian (and everyone else in the house) fell asleep. The hives never came back.

Heidi, our oldest daughter, had a hard time falling asleep at bedtime. We tried unsuccessfully many different things to help her. Nothing worked. Then I thought of colour. Was there something in the room that was sending vibrations out so powerfully that they would not let her fall asleep? I looked at the new curtains I had put up in her bedroom a few months ago and realized the bright colours on them--red, orange, bright pink, etc--were the problem. I immediately took them down and found an old pair of curtains in beige. I quickly put them up, kissed Heidi good night, and left the room. She promptly fell asleep. Those curtains never got changed again and Heidi had no trouble falling asleep.

In 1998 Rudy was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. He did everything the doctor wanted him to do but I thought colour would help him, too. I read my colour book and came to the chapter on cancer. I read the regime to follow. It would take almost a month of colour therapy to help his cancer. I made him do this regime three times. His cancer has been gone since 1999. Did the colour therapy help him? I truly believe it did.

Last Sunday Rudy and I went for a ride in a 56 Plymouth out to Irvine. I sat in the back seat. Coming home I became very sick. As I do get car sick when I ride in the back, I put the queazyness down to that. By the time I got home my temperature for 102 degrees. I was hot and cold at the same time. I have brought a high fever down on my girls many times over the years, so I went and found my colour therapy book and refreshed my memory on the colours to use. It was one hour of turquoise, followed by one hour of blue. My fever broke and I finally fell asleep. Do you know that you cannot sleep when you have a fever?

Have you ever wondered why the colour red is used so often in restaurants, bars, nightclubs? Why mauve is used at Dairy Queen? Why pink (Miller pink) is used in some prisons? Why green is used in hospitals?

Everyone's world is filled with colour. I hope you think of colour in a different way now and use it to your benefit.

No comments: