Sunday, September 24, 2006

UPDATE ON LAPBAND

My losing weight really slowed down for awhile and it took me nearly two weeks to lose some more weight. I have now lost 25 pounds and feel good. I have had to pack up a lot of my clothes--I am not feeling sorry about getting rid of them. Last Tuesday Katya and I went to Value Village and I bought two pairs of pants. One was a pair of jeans--stretch material at that--size 16. I know that somewhere along my weight gain I was into a size 16--it's good to be back there.

I am starting an exercise program on Tuesday. The "Living Healthy" program, at the hospital, has given me a stress test. On Tuesday I get evaluated according to my stress test. On Thursday I start exercising--with the assistance of a trainer. Then I go to the exercise room at the hospital for three months--twice a week. This will give me and them a chance to get me into a good routine and doing the things I need to do to improve my health. I am very lucky to be in this program. I know that it is time to start exercising if I want to lose more weight.

Now I need to get a fill for my lapband. I found out that the Capital Health Authority in Edmonton does this surgery so I phoned them to make an appointment to get a fill. Get this, they say I cannot get a fill there because they haven't got their billing for a fill figured out. What a lame excuse. I talked to my doctor about this and he will intervene for me. I hope he has enough clout to get me an appointment for a fill. Otherwise I may find myself flying back down to Mexico. I will also send another email to Iris Evans, our Minister of Health, explaining this situation and see what she has to say.

1 comment:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

I think sending an email to the Health Minister is a good idea. I mean, are you kidding me, you have the procedure, but instead of allowing someone to use it you are denied becasue they can't figure out how to bill it. I mean I thought you had to have a high school education to work for a health authority.