Sunday, September 03, 2006

LAP BAND UPDATE

I am still doing great but not losing weight as quickly as before. Right now I am stalled at 19 pounds and holding. I sure like the way some of my 'old' clothes fit me now. They are kind of baggy and comfortable. I have gone through my closet though and taken two big bags of clothes out to be donated to the diabetic association. One place where I have lost weight is my bust. All my bras do not fit properly now. As Heidi would say 'the girls are not pointing in the right direction'.

I have added some cream soups, a bit of meat (small amounts) and fruit to my diet. Today though I am just drinking my 'drink' which consists of one cup of fruit juice, one and a half scoops of gaterade (powder) and fill the jug up with water until there are 8 cups of liquid. It really is quite tasty and because I drink it all day I am not hungry. This is the way I am trying to kickstart my losing pattern. I would really like to get to the 20 pound mark.

I am still getting along fine with much smaller doses of insulin--my blood sugar readings are wonderful. Will go see my doctor in the next 2 weeks to show off.

No comments: